First Year of The 8th Assembly Score-Card of Hon. Nurudeen Solaja, Representative, Ikorodu Constituency II, Lagos State House of Assembly, Chairman, House Committee on Science & Technology (June 2015 – April, 2016)
- Making immeasurable contributions to the lawmaking process on the floor and committee level i.e. bill, motion and oversight functions. So far, the 8th Assembly of the Lagos State House of Assembly has passed 7 Bills and 88 Resolutions covering broad range of socio-economic, political and other aspect of human endeavors.
- Consistent attendance at Assembly sittings
- Oversight functions on ongoing and proposed state government projects in Ikorodu Constituency II.
- In the course of legislative duties, the 8th Assembly, the lawmaker have also settled many communal clashes, played ombudsman’s role while not neglecting several petitions referred for mediation and resolution.
- Engaging constituents from time-to-time on what we have been able to achieve so far, challenges and getting feed-back from them on what they desire.
- Successful organization of Ikorodu Constituency II phase of the Lagos State House of Assembly Town Hall Meeting in Ijede.
- Construction of a befitting Constituency Office in Ijede with liaison offices in Ijede and Igbogbo
- Working with the principal officers and members of the 8th Assembly of the Lagos State House of Assembly, the Executive Governor of Lagos State and State Executive Council in not only ensuring that Lagos State Commodities Market (Mile `12) which has overstayed its usefulness in its present location is not proposed to be moved but also working with the necessary quarters in ensuring that it is finally relocated within the time stipulated by the governor during the inspection of the new site in Imota.
- Working with the Governor and applicable Ministry and department in ensuring that Lagos State discharge its responsibility as stated in the Memorandum of Understanding with its Kebbi State counterpart in ensuring that the Eko Rice in Imota start production within the stipulated time.
- Ensuring the commencement of the construction of the proposed Imota High Court Complex.
- Assisted people in Ikorodu Constituency II to get employment as teachers with SUBEB, Lagos State Civil Service Commission, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Vehicle Inspection Office and Lagos State Fire Service.
- Assisted people from his constituency in the ongoing Nigeria Police Service recruitment exercise.
- Recommended people from the constituency for employment in both private and Non-Governmental organizations.
- Providing employment for some people in his constituency offices in Imota, Ijede and Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDAs.
- Provide support for religion institutions during festive period
- Supported major social organizations across the constituency i.e. Luwasa (Ijede), Organization of Imota Clubs and Committee of Obateru Day Egbin etc.
- Supported Imota Youth Development’s annual anniversary/wards
- Supported the DSTV Football Competition hosted in his constituency.
- Supported Lagos State Vulcanizers’ Association (Ikorodu Division Forum) during its inauguration
- Collaborating with the Majority leader, Lagos State House of assembly and Representative, Ikorodu Constituency I, Hon. Sanai Agunbiade and Member, Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Babajimi Benson in ensuring that Ikorodu Division benefits adequately from the current APC government both at the State and Federal levels.
- Also collaborating with appointed political functionaries of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman, Lagos State Civil service Commission, Alhaji Babatunde Rotinwa, Commissioner for Commerce & Industry, Prince Rotimi Ogunleye and Special Adviser on Arts & Culture, Hon. (Mrs) Adebimpe Akinsola and others.
- Collaborating with youth, market men and women, political, traditional and religious leaders and other groups in developing our constituency.
- Construction of an ultra modern Constituency Office in Ijede .
- Construction of Water projects in Igbogbo/ Baiyeku, Ijede and Imota LCDAs.
- Donation of bore-hole water equipments to replace an old water project in Imota.
- Grading of roads
- Construction of drainages.
- Introduction of quarterly magazine for the constituency as one of the feedback mechanism
- Organized Free 3-Month Computer Training Programme for the youths in the 3 (55 beneficiaries) Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in Ikorodu Constituency II.
- Organized 1st Solaja Essay Writing Competition for Secondary Schools students.
- Present laptop to three best students in Hon. Solaja Essay Writing Competition.
- Distributed JAMB forms to students in the three LCDAs.
- Donated over 100 GCE forms to students across Ikorodu Constituency II.
- Assisted many students in getting admission into model and government colleges. Also, help students with required credentials in securing admission into higher institutions.
As a product of my party, All Progressives Congress (APC), I have been engaging my party leaders and members from time to time on how to improve the lots of the party. I have also made myself to them any time and intend to continue doing that.
- Posted in: Legislative Report