Constituency Stakeholders Meeting 2016: Requests And Demands By Ikorodu Division Residents
-Speaker hands over Report of Constituency Meeting too Ambode, says it’ll form part bf 2017 Budget.
By Kunle Adelabu, Boluwatife Hassan, Oluwakemi Joseph, Rabbiat Anjorin and Lucy Usman.
Governor of Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode (2nd left), the Speaker, Lagos State House of assembly, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa (2nd right), the Majority Leader, Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Sanai Agunbiade (right) and Sen. Tokunbo Afikuyomi at the just recently concluded Lagos state Executive, Legislative Retreat in Lagos.
The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa has handed over the reports of the constituency stakeholders’ meeting organised by the House to the state Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode for implementation.
The constituency stakeholders’ meeting, second in the series, took place simultaneously in all the 40 constituencies in the state.
The reports contained the requests and recommendations of the people of the state spread across the 40 constituencies on how the state will continue to achieve development and growth.
On Friday during the Executive-Legislative Parley organised by the state government, Obasa told the Governor that the reports contained the wishes and recommendations of the people of the state urging him to ensure their implementation.
“We decided to feel the pulse of our people through the constituency stakeholders’ meeting and what I’m presenting to you today is their aggregate demands and recommendations collated by our field officers who worked in the 40 constituencies,” the Lagos Assembly Speaker said.
Governor Ambode while receiving the reports from the Speaker assured that the contents would form major components of the 2017 budget.
“These are the wishes of Lagosians and these will help us greatly in preparing the 2017 budget. These reports will save time because they are the direct requests of the people so we have something to work on,” Ambode said.
He commended the state Assembly for the initiative boring that the initiative complements the efforts of state government to bring dividends of democracy closer to the people. “This is a very unique initiative which has been complementing the efforts of the government to improve the welfare of our people and bring dividends of democracy closer to them,” he said.
Residents of Ikorodu Constituency I and II comprising of Ikorodu Local Government, Ikorodu West Local Council Development Area, Ikorodu North Local Council Development Area, Igbogbo/Bayeku Local Council Development Area, Ijede Local Council Development Area and Imota Local Council Development Area at the Constituency Stakeholders’ Meeting organized by the Lagos State House of Assembly, on Wednesday, October 5, 2016, presented their demands and expectations from the Lagos State Government through their representative, Hon. Nurudeen Solaja.
The people made these demands at the Teachers Establishments Pensions Office (TEMPO) Resource Centre, Owutu, Ikorodu, and HOMAT Basic Hall, Igbe junction, Igbogbo, venues of the Ikorodu Constituency I and II for the Stakeholders Meeting respectively. The theme of the meeting is, “Community/Neighbourhood Policing Starts With You”
The event took place simultaneously in the forty constituencies in Lagos State.
Ikorodu Constituency I
- Calls for the enforcement of the provisions in the CDC/CDA’s law
- Calls for the urgent rehabilitation of Ikorodu-Shagamu road, Owutu-Ishawo road ,Dagbolu road ,Ita Oluwo/Agbede/Owutu road ,Ori Okuta ,Lambo-Lasunwon(first gate) ,Agunbiade road(off Itunpate) ,Awodeinde and Itunlubajo roads among others.
- Calls for men empowerment.
- Calls for the creation of new schools and rehabilitation of the old ones.
- Call for the checking of dredgers’ activities in Majidun ,Ogolonto and other parts of Ikorodu West LCDA.
- Calls for the construction of access roads in Owutu ,Agric ,Isiwu ,Ita Oluwo and other parts of Ikorodu.
- Calls for the creation of markets and garages in Ikorodu West LCDA.
- Calls for the establishment of new primary health centres and the rehabilitation of the exsisting ones.
- Calls for the construction of pedestrian bridge in front of Government College ,Ikorodu.
- Calls for the provision of school in Ori Okuta community.
- Addressing of the effects of Elepete security situation in Ita Oluwo and Agbede.
- Calls for the harmonization of local vigilance groups in Ikorodu and involvement of the traditional rulers in there administration.
- Calls for the establishment of Ikorodu Security Trust Fund.
- Calls on the government to help in checkmating ‘Ajagungbale’ activities in Isiwu.
Ikorodu Constituency II
- Representatives should always consult widely for stakeholders input into their proposals.
- Lack of fences and gates in schools in Ibeshe and the need for gatemen.
- Calls for Community Policing in Ikorodu and merger of all vigilance groups i.e Onyabo,Yagoo,VGN,etc for proper and effective coordination.
- Creation of banks and industries in Igbogbo in order to enhance the socio-economic development of the town.
- Calls for a full-fledge police station in Igbogbo and police post in Offin, Oreta, Ibeshe.
- Creation of employment opportunities for youths to curb insecurity.
- Calls for more government effort in empowering women in the constituency.
- Upgrading and expansion of the General Hospital in Ikorodu and upgrading of Igbogbo primary health centre.
- Completion of Ipakodo-Igbogbo and Agunfoye roads.
- Rehabilitation of Igbogbo/Ewu-Elepe/Ijede ,Igbe ,Igbogbo/Oreta/Offin roads.
- Maintenance of newly constructed roads.
- Employment of teachers.
- Scraping of the system that allows a student to repeat a class.
- Posted in: Legislative Report